Address: Grajska cesta 1 5000 Nova Gorica
Phone: ++386 5 335 98 11
Fax: ++386 5 335 98 20
The museum is based in Kromberk Castle, which according to its plan and appearance is a Renaissance building. The castle was burned during in both World Wars, and after 1954 experienced extensive renovations.
North of the castle is a Baroque park with a fountain from 1774 that stands in the original place.
This Renaissance building houses the Gallery of Ancient Art, the Gallery of 20th-century Primorska Artists, an exhibition arranged by the Cultural and Historical Department emphasizing 19th-century paintings, and a collection of paintings by Josip Tominc. The second floor periodically hosts thematic exhibitions. Special features:
19th-century furniture, portraits by Jožef Tominc, a fragment of a painting by Franc Kavčič, paintings by Anton Karinger