There is a technical peculiarity almost 130 years old hidden above the road from Bled to Bohinj on the slopes of the Jelovica Plateau near the Soteska railway station. In a time when they knew no cars, the foresters installed an unusual cable railway to bring in the wood from the forest plateau.
Mr. Lambert Pantz, technical director of Ironworks Jesenice and before that of Ironworks Bohinj, invented this special transport device. It is a wheelbarrow device with only one carrier rope. The line of the cable railway is fractured at an angle of 173°. The device is the only such cable railway in our country. Cars with or without cargo used to meet two thirds of the way. The rope was rolled up on two conic drums. The braking was done by a windmill-sail shaped brake and a band brake. The cable railway was 727 m long and dropped logs as much as 341 m down. The device was used until the year 1956. Today it is maintained by experts of the Technical Museum from Bistra. An explanation board stands by the hut at the lower station.