• Accommodation with half-board or lunch/dinner on the following tourist farms: Grofija
in Vir pri Stični, Obolnar
in Dolenja vas pri Čatežu, Pri Deželanu
in Hrastno near Šentrupert,Domačija Novak
in Sadinja vas, Pr' Martinovh
in Gradišče near Šentjernej, Domen
in Šmarješke Toplice, Šeruga
in Selo pri Ratežu and Pri Selakovih
in Dobrava pri Škocjanu, where you can taste delicious local dishes and excellent wines, by previous arrangement.
• You can taste chosen regional dishes and wines on the following excursion farms as well: Lamovšek in Mirna vas pri Trebelnem, Pri Fajdigat
in Temenica near Šentvid pri Stični, Okorn
in Pristava near Stična, Grič
in Prečna near Novo mesto (Doberdrug Silvo), Colnar in Lešnica near Novo mesto and Žagar
in Birčna vas near Novo mesto, by previous arrangement.
• You can also taste chosen local dishes and excellent wines in the following wine cellars: Colarič
in Jablance near Kostanjevica na Krki, Jelenič in Globočice near Kostanjevica and Drča near Šentjernej (Marjan Gorišek), by previous arrangement.
• Excellent regional dishes and wines are also offered at the following restaurants: Zlata kaplja
in Mokronog, Štorovje
in Selo pri Radohovi vasi and Javornik
in Rakovnik near Šentrupert.
• Visit the fruit-growing farm Erjavec in Gorenja vas near Ivančna Gorica, where you can taste and buy their products from integrated production (vinegar, brandy, fruit), by previous arrangement.
(Kmetija Erjavec, Gorenja vas 7, Ivančna Gorica, tel.: +386 1 78 76 136).
• You can buy bread and baked goods on the Kastelic farm in Škocjan, where you can also see a demonstration of baking bread in the bread oven, by previous arrangement.
• You can visit the herb garden of the Plavica farm
in Cerovec near Dolenjske Toplice, which specializes in growing herbs and where you can buy herbs and various herbal products, by previous arrangement.
• You can taste and buy organically produced foodstuffs and products labeled with the Biodar trade-mark of ecologically produced foodstuffs and visit a small museum of household items and farm tools from the past at the Marinček organic farm
in Dolenje Selce, by previous arrangement.
• Visit the 12th century Stična Cistercian Monastery
, now housing a religious museum, the gallery of the friar painter Gabrijel Humek and memorial exhibition of the friar and herbalist Simon Ašič.
• Visit the birth house of writer Josip Jurčič
in Muljava, which has been turned into a museum, and where his plays are performed during the summer months.
• Visit Baraga's House
in Mala vas pri Dobrniču, categorized as a protected architectural heritage site; because of its dimensions and design it resembles a small manor.
• Visit the source of the Krka River in the Krška jama cave
, which is easily accessible and illuminated. The Krka rover also offers numerous possibilities for water-related activities such as fishing, swimming, kayaking and much more.
- Bean Day, dedicated to the local bean variety named Ribn'čan, in the village of Hrovača near Ribnica na Dolenjskem, September
- Apple Festival in Dolenjske Toplice, featuring an exhibition of different apple cultivars and dishes with apples, mid-October
- Kostel Hotpot Cooking Contest in Banja Loka