Address: Na pečeh 7 3333 Ljubno ob Savinji
Phone: ++386 3 584 12 13, ++386 31 764 750
BUDNAS Venice saw frame was built in the years from 1919 to 1923. Until the year 1965 it was powred by water, later by electricity. Electricity powered the saw frame until the year 1990. Now is the BUDNAS saw frame a big tourist attraction.
Though the respectful oldness of the saw frame, it is very well preserved. At the time when the stream was made, making the water flow past the saw frame, a new mill wheel was built. The location of the saw frame in between the two channels by the beautiful river Savinja in the wonderful environment, awakened the thought of reorganising the site.
Organised groups of tourists are also invited for sightseeing of the saw frame and wood cutting in the tidy environment.
A roof-covered place with abuilt fireplace and seats is available for 30 visitors.
We have built a bark covered roof with the hearth, used by the wood workers for many years. There is a flos, a lumber raft with which can take a ride, in the stream full of fish.