The Library of the Nazarje Franciscan Monastery
Samostanska pot 50, 3331 Nazarje
The beginning of the library in the monastery reaches back to the year 1752, when the commissioner Ludvik Umek donated all his books with the purpose of convincing the monastery brothers to commit themselves to celebrating mass for his soul.
Through the centuries the collection was supplemented mostly by religious books, but it also includes books of historical, geographical, juridical and medical themes, as well as with lexicons and dictionaries.
The most important items in the collection are the Bibles. There are two copies of Dalmatin's Bible from the year 1584 as well as Trubar's translation of the Gospels. The library was renovated and has been open to public from 1996.
The Franciscan Monastery of Nazarje
Samostanska pot 50
Tel. : ++386 3 583 13 98
Fax : ++386 3 583 17 53
Access for invalids
GPS Northing (N) : 46,3205
GPS Easting (E) : 14,9532