Address: Pungart 4000 Kranj
Medieval Kranj was fortified with a city wall in the 15th-century. Two main city gates and two smaller gates provided access to the city. On the north side along today?s Maister Square (Maistrov trg), the double Upper City Gate was protected by a high tower that can be seen in a depiction from 1649. In front of it and the S section of the double wall was a deep and wide moat, traces of which are still preserved at the Jahavčev Passage and behind the former Špitalski Tower.