Address: Soteska, 8350 Dolenjske Toplice, 8350 Dolenjske Toplice
The Parish in Soteska was officially founded in the year 1617,although the previous church was supposedly there before the year 1400when its first permanentpriest was mentioned The present church was built between the years 1680 and 1690 by its benefactors, the Lords of Soteska, who also equipped it in a style befitting their station, unfortunately destroying the existing wooden altar. Today a painting of Sv. Erazem hangs amid the scenery painted on the altar walls. Originally the coffered ceiling of the presbytery was richly painted and while that Goldenstein painting has been destroyed today, the two very beautiful Baroque altars in the side chapels have remained intact. The left one is dedicated to the Lord's death at Calvary (under it there the Holy Sepulchre). The rightone is dedicated to Sv. Tekla, Sv. Erazem's sister, and contains a painting of her reputedly painted by Cebejev. On the interior side of the presbytery's triumphal arch there is the tombstone of Ivan Adam Gallenberg and his family's coat-of-arms is on the other side. Thereis also the tomb of the castle in the church. It is located 6 km from Dolenjske Toplice by the Soteska - Novo mesto regional road.