The Provost's House was originally built in 1493 next to the capital church as soon as the collegiate chapter was founded. Until 1623, it was rebuilt several times.
Its simple yet massive structure is ornamented by an inscription in Latin and three coats of arms on a stone plate situated above the portal. On the ground level, the square courtyard of the building is surrounded by arcade corridors. The Provost's House also includes a gallery exhibiting 24 portraits of provosts of Novo mesto, an archive and a theological - pastoral library.
The first floor level includes a chapel; its painted ceiling by the Baroque painter Anton Cebe from the late 18th century, is dedicated to the Immaculate. A Baroque altar has also been added to the chapel; it is dedicated to Holy Mary of Brno. One of the halls of the first floor level has a beautiful Baroque painted ceiling with landscape motives, and a reconstructed wooden painted ceiling with floral ornaments.
During the summer months, the Provost's House courtyard hosts many cultural events.
GPS Northing (N) : 45,804
GPS Easting (E) : 15,1664