The church is situated on the top of a hill over the today's motorway. Only the presbytery and the triumphal arch have remained from the original Gothic building, and the nave has a Baroque appearance. The main Baroque Revival altar dates from the early 19th century, and the altar painting is a masterpiece from the early 18th century.
The church has a Gothic concept, yet has been transformed in a Baroque style; today, it represents one of the most important monuments of sacred architecture in Dolenjska
GPS Northing (N) : 45,826
GPS Easting (E) : 15,1919