Please, evaluate the offer:

Petrovče, Church of the Visitation

Print Add to travel planner
Address: Petrovče 155 3301 Petrovče
Phone: ++386 3 714 03 30
The Church of the Visitation in Petrovče is one of five St. Mary's basilicas in Slovenia. Throughout its existence it has been famous as a popular Mary's pilgrimage path. The medieval three-nave Gothic church, situated in the core of the settlement, was probably built in the14th century on the order of the Celje Counts. The church received its present Baroque image with the rebuilding by Lovrenc Prager around 1760. It is distinguished by its pilaster frontage and a magnificent bell tower on the northeast side of the church. On the left in front of the main entrance stand the famous Petrovče Crosses, the work of Vid Königer from the middle of the18th century.

The main nave and all the side chapels were painted in 1875 in fresco technique by Venetian painter Jakob Brollo. The ceiling of the presbytery was painted by Anton Lerchinger at the end of 18th century in the Rococo spirit. The greatest attraction of the church is Plainer's altar from 1605 in the third chapel on the left side.  Below the presbytery is the tomb of the first Slovenian poetess, Fanny Hausmann, the daughter of the lord of the castle from Novo Celje. In the choir there are the famous organs of the Italian master Gaetano Callida from 1796.

 


Župnijski urad Petrovče 
Petrovče 199 
3301 
Petrovče 
Tel. : ++386 3 714 03 00 


guided tour
individual
Access for invalids
GPS Northing (N) : 46,2439 
GPS Easting (E) : 15,1897 
Administrator : Zavod za kulturo, šport in turizem Žalec | ++386 3 712 12 69 | | last modified: 06/10/2014
View on map
GPS N: 46,2439
E: 15,1897

Book & Buy

Reservations
Search in:

Arrival:
Day
Month
Year
Nights
Rooms
Adult(s)
Room/Apartment
Children
GO!
X

Cookies

The website uses cookies to improve user experience. By visiting and using the website, you agree with cookies.
I agree
Read more