The Evangelical Lutheran Church in Moravske Toplice – was established on the premises of a former hunting mansion that once belonged the Hungarian Count Family of Batjanyi. After the passing of the last of the Batjanyi counts, the mansion became the property of the Austrian aristocrat Ernuszt. In 1888, Ernuszt sold the mansion to the Lutheran community who founded the Evangelical Lutheran Congregation of Moravci. The facilities, which had initially belonged to the school, were transformed into premises of worship in 1925. The neo-Gothic church tower was erected in the same year. The mansion was demolished in 1960 to make space for a completely new and modern house of worship – the current Lutheran Church of Moravske Toplice, which was completed in 1962. Today it is recognised as one of the most recent, even younger Evangelical Lutheran churches in Slovenia.
Moravske Toplice is also the location of the seat of the Evangelical Church of the Augsburg Confession in Slovenia, the seat of the Evangelical Congregation of Moravske Toplice, and the Episcopal Office, which is presided over by The Right Reverend Bishop Geza Erniša, M.A.
Once upon a time, Moravske Toplice was known as simply Moravci. The autonomous Evangelical Lutheran congregation was founded in the village in 1893. After World War II, the church – or the mansion rather which had once served as the holy haven of the Evangelical Lutheran congregation, was in such a poor state that they decided to demolish the derelict building and replace it with a completely new house of worship. With gracious assistance from the Swedish Church, the endeavour was a complete success. The new church was blessed and dedicated in 1962. The neo-Gothic church tower has become a piece of local history. It was built in 1925. The regular pastor of the church is Geža Erniša, M.A., The Most Reverend Bishop of the Evangelical Church of the Augsburg Confession in Slovenia.