Address: Župnijski urad Velika Nedelja, Velika Nedelja 14 2274 Velika Nedelja
Phone: ++386 2 741 72 80
The Parish Church of the Holy Trinity existed as a chapel already before the year 1199. It included the present barrel-vaulted belfry and the apse. In the first half of the 13th century the church included a smaller nave and an older chapel that was changed into a rectangular choir area with a somewhat elongated apse, which created a scheme that is otherwise not encountered in our territory. In the year 1280 the church experienced its first major rebuilding: it was added onto and widened. The church became almost twice as large, and on the east it got a bell tower which hardly exceeded the ridge of the roof of the nave. Later it was redone a few more times, but the majority of the present fittings were provided in the second half of the 18th century. In the year 1770 the eastern part of the church was changed into the Chapel of the Virgin, which was painted after the year 1831 by the Graz painters, the brothers Franc and Jožef Kreuzer.
Among other things in and in front of the church, you can see the sculpture of St. John of Nepomuk, the choir with Schomassi stucco work from the year 1685, frescos from the 15th century, the main altar (work of the sculptor Jožef Holzinger), created around the year 1770, and the baptistery from around the year 1235.
Kolodvorska ulica 9
Tel. : ++386 51 340 257
Tel. 2 : ++386 2 741 72 90
GPS Northing (N) : 46,4203
GPS Easting (E) : 16,1101