Church of St. Primož and Felicijan, Vrhpolje at Vipava
Vrhpolje, 5271 Vipava
The church is situated in the middle of the village Vrhpolje
and is oriented north. With its extending in 1857, a new village centre, which coincides with the junction of water and road systems toward Duplje and Col, was formed.
Some of the artistic works in the church are:
-Christ on cross, made by Henrik Dejak
-wooden statues of the apostles and martyries St. Simon and Juda Tadej with a book and a club in the hand, made by Alojz Repič, who was born in Vrhpolje.
By the church there is also a fountain, which was renovated after Pope John Paul II visited Slovenia.
Glavni trg 1
Tel. : +386 5 368 70 41
Tel. 2 : +386 5 368 70 40
Fax : +386 5 368 70 41
Web site : www.izvirna-vipavska.si
GPS Northing (N) : 45,8639
GPS Easting (E) : 13,9616