CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST ON ROGLA
Cesta na Roglo 15, 3214 Zreče
++386 3 757 61 45++386 3 757 74 27
The church at Rogla
(altitude: 1517 metres) was blessed in 2010. Part of the St. Kunigunde parish, it is one of the few examples of companies investing into sacral objects. It was built according to the design of architect Vera Klepej Turnšek on a property donated by the Pikl family. After more than ten years, the plans to build a church at Rogla had finally been realized and the company Unior was able to expand its tourist services with a new attraction.
The church has three bells, honouring St. Peter, patron saint of blacksmiths; St. Roch, patron saint of peasants and herdsmen; and St. Barbara, patron saint of miners. All three bells are connected with the life of the people from the Pohorje region and their work, be it in factories or on farms.
The church also has a wonderful church organ, which was built by Mr. Tone Škrabl, and a brilliant altar, which was made by blacksmith Milan Očko. Father Marko Rupnik is also preparing a mosaic, which will undoubtedly increase the appeal of this already attractive church.
Free of charge
Access for invalids
GPS Northing (N) : 46,4536
GPS Easting (E) : 15,3352