Plečnik House will be closed due to renovation from 2 September 2013 until, provisionally, spring 2015.
The Plečnik Collection, located in Plečnik House in Ljubljana's suburb of Trnovo, is based on original artefacts left behind by the architect Jože Plečnik, who lived in the house, owned by his brother, from 1921 to his death in 1957. The main part of the collection is on display in the cylindrical annexe constructed by Plečnik between 1923 and 1925. Later additions to the house include a glassed porch to the north and a conservatory to the south.
Visitors to Plečnik House can view the master architect's authentic interiors, which include a glassed porch, a kitchen, a corridor, a bedroom with an en suite bathroom, a small reception room, a staircase to the first floor, a studio, a conservatory and a large garden to the west of the house. The Plečnik Collection was founded in 1972. In 1974 it was opened to the public as a museum and archival institution keeping artefacts left behind by Jože Plečnik and other materials related to his work.