The first building erected here in 1484 was rebuilt in 1718 to the plans of the architect Gregor Maček. It has preserved a number of memorials of Ljubljana's past, including the Hercules and Narcissus fountain (the work of Robba's workshop) and the Gothic auditorium, in which Ljubljana residents attended theatrical performances by itinerant comedians in the 16th and 17th centuries. Today it is the seat of the Ljubljana City Council. In front of the building stands one
of the most representative monuments in Ljubljana, the fountain with allegorical sculptures of the three Carniolan rivers: the Sava, Krka and Ljubljanica. It was created in 1751 by Francesco Robba, the great master of a Ljubljana sculptural studio in the first half of the 18th century.