Tourist Information Center:Tourist Information Center Sežana
Partizanska cesta 4, 6210 Sežana
+00386 (0)5 7310 128, firstname.lastname@example.org
Height above sea level
in the countryside
The village was named after its patron St. Jakob ( in the past was used the name Št. Jakob or shorted Štjak ). The church of St Jakob on Vrhe was mentioned already in a Latin written record " Thesaurus ecclesiae Aquileiensis " from 1300. In 1603 the Gothic church of Štjak gained its present baroque form. It was painted by Janez Volf.
The oldest building in the village is Capuchin cellar from 1530 where, in the time of Turkish invasions, peasants stored wine. In the village are also a large kal, chapel, elementary school and a fire station. The village offers a beautiful view on the entire Vipavska dolina valley with Nanos in the background, on the Karst and on the whole gulf of Trieste.
Automobiles : From the road Sežana - Senožeče turn left to Kazlje after Štorje. Turn right for Štjak in Kazlje.
GPS Northing (N) : 45,7952
GPS Easting (E) : 13,9051