SLOVENIA IS GREEN
Slovenia is a country with wonderfully unspoilt nature valued by its inhabitants and tourists alike. The natural features represent the precondition for developing green, responsible tourism.
• With around 60% of its surface covered in forest, Slovenia is the second most forested country in Europe.
• A full 36% of Slovenia’s surface area is included in the Natura 2000 network.
• A fifth of Slovenia’s coastline is protected area.
• In quantity of river water per inhabitant, Slovenia is one of the richest countries in Europe.
• Its more than 22,000 animal and plant species rank Slovenia among the most nature-wealthy countries in Europe.
• Drinking water in Slovenia is among the purest in Europe and even in the world.
• In this country, virgin forest can be found just 60 kilometres from the capital city, Ljubljana.