Height above sea level
in the countryside
Lipa is a village belonging to the Municipality of Beltinci and at the same time to the parish of Turnišče. It has 633 inhabitants and is well known for growing potatoes.
The village chapel, built in 1886, is dedicated to the Visitation of the Virgin Mary. In the past, there was a dairy named Anastazija in the vicinity of the village, owned by the noble family of Beltinci. A ploughshare made of stone was found in Lipa, an artefact from the Bronze Age.
The tourist attraction of the town is the Pannonian house where preparation of local culinary specialties (langaš) and presentations of old customs (pozvačin from Prekmurje) are being held.