The church is well seen from the valley. Inside, there are paintings made by the famous painters Wolf and Kzhnl. The main altar was in the Podnanos chapel till 1730.
In front of the present church, which was renovated and consecrated in 1839, the year 1690 is carved into the main doors, which indicates there was a church in Podraga
long before today's church. The then church was a small one with a plain, built altar, the remains of which were discovered during the restoration of the present altar.
The bell tower, built in Aquilean style, except for the upper part, is relatively new. It was built in 1852. The oldest year, 1587, can be seen on the aspersory.
Glavni trg 1
Tel. : +386 5 368 70 41
Tel. 2 : +386 5 368 70 40
Web site : www.izvirna-vipavska.si
GPS Northing (N) : 45,8055
GPS Easting (E) : 13,951