Please, evaluate the offer:

Dankovci

InfoTownsAccommodationAttractionsActivitiesEventsFood & WineMore
Print Add to travel planner
in the countryside
Healthy climate
Dankolch, 1365; Donkovch in Dystrictu Waralyakurniky, 1366; Dankowcz, 1499; Hungarian name: Őrfalu. Dankovci is a scattered settlement on a stream called Mačkovski Potok, which divides the village into two parts. A number of hamlets belong to the village: Košarovi, Markov Rob, Vrtičke, Fujsov Breg, Sapačke, Vrej, Bankonovi and Dol. Most of the houses are on slopes by arable land and woodland. The soil in the valley is sandy, while in the hills it is clayey and not very fertile. The village has 60 houses and a few weekend cottages scattered around Vrej. Some of the houses are empty. In administrative terms the village belongs to the Mačkovci local administrative community. In terms of religion the population is split between Protestants and Catholics. Dankovci has existed as a village for a very long time but has very little written history. At present the village has no shop and no inn, but in the past it was home to quite a number of craftsmen. In around 1914 three bells were erected on an iron structure in the village. Today, with pride and sorrow, this structure recalls the First World War, since in 1917 two of the bells were taken away and melted down for ammunition. The construction of the Gorička Mariška railway line (1902) brought work to the villagers, while many found seasonal work in Hungary, on the Marof estate, in France, in Germany and even in America. A new chapel of rest was built at the cemetery in 1963 and is still in use today. The main road through the village was asphalted in 1967. In the same period the villagers built bridges over the stream, laid roads and carried out other work for the good of the village on a voluntary basis. Less than 10 years after the arrival of electricity, six houses in the village already had telephones. Today every house is connected to the telephone network. According to the survey carried out in 1957, the village has shrunk, with part of its territory going to Moščanci and part to Kuštanovci. The greatest progress has come as the result of self-imposed contributions from all the villagers, since the houses are neat and orderly and almost all the access roads are asphalted. Dankovci currently has a volunteer fire brigade and a football club. There are also a number of weekend residents who are always willing to help the village and, on occasion, offer a drop of local wine. The forgotten old Mariška has revived with the construction of the new railway line.


 


GPS Northing (N) : 46,764 
GPS Easting (E) : 16,1656 
Administrator : Krajinski park Goričko | ++386 31 354 149 | | last modified: 28/02/2011
View on map
GPS N: 46,764
E: 16,1656
Region: Pomurska
Place: Dankovci

Book & Buy

Reservations
Search in:

Arrival:
Day
Month
Year
Nights
Rooms
Adult(s)
Room/Apartment
Children
GO!
X

Cookies

The website uses cookies to improve user experience. By visiting and using the website, you agree with cookies.
I agree
Read more