Kanižarica 14b, Kanižarica, 8340 Črnomelj
This path begins at the entrance to the Kanižarica mines, passes the village Zorenci to Butoraj, and rises up back to the starting point across the bridge on the river Lahinja. The miner's path dates back to the times of the opening of the mine in 1857. Until 1965, when the bus route was organized, the path has been used by miners from Butoraj and Zorenci. The walk took about an hour or even longer in wintertime, when it was especially difficult to cross the stream.
For this purpose they built a 6 to 8 m long wooden footbridge, which was often destroyed because of heavy rainfall.
Visitsindividual, guided tour
The path extends for 5 km.
ATTRACTION ALONG THE PATH:
Former mine Kanižarica, minin tower
RIC Bela krajina
Trg svobode 3
Tel. : ++386 7 305 65 30
Fax : ++386 7 305 65 31
Web site : www.belakrajina.si