In the centre of Žiri, there is the church of Saint Martin.
It originated from the year 1912.
It is the biggest in the region of Gorenjska and one of the biggest in Ljubljana archdiocese.
Original church should have existed by oral tradition already in the 9th century, but there is no proves for such a statement.
It was mentioned for the first time in Freising document from May 3rd, 1384.
Jobstova cesta 34
Tel. : ++386 4 510 50 00
GPS Northing (N) : 46,066
GPS Easting (E) : 14,0336