At the edge of this village near Bled
, below the peak of the rocky ledge (Na Pečeh) stands a medieval branch church
. It was supposedly built on the site of an ancient fort that reigned high above the gorge of the Sava Bohinjka. The church is comprised of a covered pronaos, a square nave and a narrower Gothic star-vaulted presbytery from around the year 1440. On the south by the presbytery stands the church tower with an onion-shaped Baroque wooden crown. The building was constructed before the middle of the 15th century
. It was painted and later remodelled and built onto in Baroque style. In later renovations, the Baroque bell tower lined with boards nailed to it was not changed. A Gothic window in the presbytery was partly opened.
The sculptured vaulted ribs of the altar part stand out of the figurally designed consoles and are connected by bosses of coats of arms. Different paintings are on the north outer wall, above the entrance in the pronaos and inside. On the north side of the presbytery the Master of the Bohinj Presbytery (around 1440) painted St. Christopher and St Leonard. The fresco of Holy Sunday is the work of the Master of Bodešče-Prilesje (1460). The paintings of St. George and St. Florian above the main entrance and all the decoration in the presbytery (1465) are the work of the same artist. At the triumphant arch there are frescos by the Master of the Bohinj Presbytery. The frescoes in the presbytery are painted in the scheme of the Kranj Presbytery with Christ in mandorla the middle and with the symbols of the evangelists around him. Lower down are the saints with their symbols and below them on the walls are the images of the apostles. That is all the work of the Bodešče-Prilesje workshop (1457). Later the paintings of the Master of Jacob's legend were added, who also painted scenes from Christ's life (1524). In the Baroque altars are the paintings of Leopold Layer.
The key to the church is kept in a house in the village.