Address: Popetre, Popetre, 9503 Gračišče
The succursal Church of St. Andrew and St. Jacob, with its open belfry and rectangular ribbed apse, stands above the village square.
The beautiful coffered and painted cei-ling from the 17th century is still preser-ved. Both parts of the interior are con-nected by a pointed arch whose opening narrows in the lower part. The Gothic vaulted presbytery features frescoes displaying images of the Evangelists and Jesus Christ in heaven from 1490, which can partially be linked to the workshop of John of Kastav, as evident from the character of the architecture. As a suc-cursal church of the parish church in Truške, the church was refurbished in the 17th century. The church also houses a Glagolitic missal from 1667. The church is mentioned in the visitation report of the Bishop of Verona Agostino Valier from 1579 and by the Bishop of Koper, Paolo Naldini, in his Corografia Eccle-siastica from 1700. The upper part of the high altar features Mary with Child crowned by two angels and the lower part shows Archangel Michael with sca-les on the left and two saints on the right. The bottom part carries the inscription FU FACTA QUESTA OPERA SOTTO IL PIETRO FLEGO, PIETRO GASTALDI IL 24 SETTEMBRE 1701. The side altar on the left features Mary with Child and Martyrs, probably dating back to the 18th century, the same as The Holy Trinity work.