In the middle of the village of Leskovec, above the vineyards at Krško, stands a Renaissance church. Its older predecessor was first mentioned 1274 as the Church of the Virgin on the Lake (Marija na Jezeru). At that time it probably had a level ceiling, a vaulted presbytery and an independent bell tower. Around 1530 a three-nave hall area was added, with quintpartite cross-rib vaulting. This reaches from the foot of the slightly irregularly located bell tower to the renovated altar area with an added chapel. The exterior is decorated with elements from the Antique period.
The interior area is gradated in the direction of the newer presbytery. It has rich altar fittings, which covered the strict character of the unified Renaissance area. The main, golden altar originated around 1670 in the workshop of the sculptor and carver Avguštin Ferfilla from Ljubljana, and already has some isolated Baroque characteristics. The pulpit is the northern Renaissance style. Among the other fittings is a painting by Valentin Metzinger.
The parish church is regularly maintained.
Parish office Leskovec pri Krškem
Leskovec pri Krškem
Tel. : ++386 7 492 71 30
GPS Northing (N) : 45,9431
GPS Easting (E) : 15,4779