An excellent source for gathering strength for the New Year can be December holidays in the embrace of beneficial thermal springs. All fifteen Slovenian natural spas have already traditionally prepared attractive packages for the Christmas holidays; moreover, all of them are organising unforgetable New Year`s Eve parties, while offers for the winter months are available as well. For those who prefer relaxed bathing and treatments over snow, some spas also offer a wellness ski offer.
You will have a colourful selection of health, relaxation, recreation and past-time programs throughout December and winter months in 15 Slovenian natural spas. They all combine centuries of tradition, experience of thermal baths and modern findings by experts dedicated to healthy minds and bodies. They are also part of the cream of Slovenian tourist destinations, offering exceptional opportunities for sporting activities, fun, culinary pleasures and quality accommodation.
In order to make the choice easier, we presented the offer of Slovenian spas – distributed as a pearl necklace from the northeast to the southwest of Slovenia, including the Slovenian coast – in different sets. You should check out their offer on their homepages and choose your thermal break for the forthcoming holidays or winter months. Enjoy your holiday on your own or with your significant other, with your family or your friends.
Do you like relaxation and self-indulgence in the beneficiality of thermal springs and skiing at the same time? Select a spa that supplements its offer with the nearby skiing areas.
- Zreče Thermal Spa: In the green surroundings of Zreče Pohorje (in the immediate vicinity of Rogla Ski Resort).
- Thermana Laško: a spa that develops its offer of well-being based on the unique local offer, closely conneted to honey and famous Laško beer (and offers wellness-ski programme with skiing on Celjska koča or on Golte).
- Ptuj Thermal Spa: In the environment of the oldest Slovenian town and rich Roman history that served as an inspiration for the spa offer (close to the Maribor Pohorje ski centre).
Or do you prefer the beneficial Mediterranean climate and sun in the winter months? No problem, Slovenia also has a spa with a sea view…
- LifeClass Hotels & Spa: The most comprehensive thermal, health and wellness offer in Europe.
- Talaso Strunjan: Set in calm location inside a protected landscape park by the sea, with a mild climate and a saltpan bay, Strunjan is the green oasis of the Slovenian coastline. This area is home to a reputable Slovenian climatic health resort and thalassotherapy centre.
If, on the other hand, you’d like to have an overall wellness offer in the surroundings of a pleasant spa destination, choose the health resort that suits you best; the resorts are situated like a necklace from the southeast to the northeast of Slovenia:
- Čatež Thermal Spa: Known as the thermal paradise, relaxation and fun 365 days a year.
- Šmarješke Toplice Thermal Spa: Set in natural settings rich in forests and meadows.
- Dolenjske Toplice Thermal Spa: For centuries the green region and thermal water have been attracting people to Krka River and Dolenjske Toplice Spa, one of the oldest spas in Europe.
- Rogaška Health Resort: Four centuries of excellence, with the world renowned healing power of Donat Mg.
- Olimia Thermal Spa: Known for its unique Orhidelia Wellness, which ranked among the best eleven finalists at the World Architecture Festival 2009 in the category `Holiday`.
- Dobrna Thermal Spa: Dobrna Spa is the oldest active Slovenian thermal treatment center and takes pride in more than six hundred years of tradition.
- Topolšica Thermal Spa: Known for its peaceful nature in the midst of nature and boasts new beautiful four star apartment houses.
- Radenci Health Resort: Famous for its rich mineral springs and mineral water with three hearts.
- Terme 3000: On the green plains of Prekmurje in north-east Slovenia, some 50 years ago, seekers of black gold unexpectedly stumbled across geothermal water instead of oil. Today, it is famous for luxurious wellness experience.
- Lendava Thermal Spa: Unique for its thermal water rich in paraffin.
All 15 Slovenian natural spas are united in the Slovenian Spas Community. Check special offers for the coming months.