: Tourist destination Maribor - Pohorje 2000 MariborPhone
: ++386 2 251 51 00Fax
: ++386 2 234 66 03e-mail
What is the Old Vine House?
1) A temple of wine tradition and culture
, on the frontage of which grows the Old Vine
, the oldest vine in the world.2) Exhibition room with guided tours:
- rich wine heritage,
- museum exhibits,
- ampelographic collection of the Kreuzer pictures of sorts of vines in Štajerska,
- Archduke Johann, esteemed for the development of viticulture in Štajerska…4) Sale of excellent Štajerska wines
– let the price list convince you about the advantageous prices5) Excellent place for wine tasting.
6) Tourist Information Centre.
7) Attractive event room.
Would you like to use it for your event? Contact us.8) The honorary seat of Slovene and international associations
, sworn to honouring wine and the wine culture:
- St Urban's honourable wine convention,
- European Order of Knights of Wine,
- Association of Slovene Order of Knights of Wine,
- Association of Representatives of Slovene and Maribor wines and the similar
- Association of representatives of Slovene and Maribor's wine queens9) A house that represents the history and significance of the Old Vine
, culture and long tradition of viticulture and the wine trade in our region.10) A house that is becoming the centre of Slovene viticultural happenings.
11) Once a component part of the town's defence wall,
which in the year 2007 started a new life as the central wine culture temple, as a symbol of cultural and natural heritage and the cultural traditions of the city and country. Would you like to know more? – Old Vine House today and in former times.
Stroll along the banks of the river Drava to the queen of all vines and her house!
Link your visit to events honouring the Old Vine:
- Pruning of the Old Vine
- St Martin's Day
- Ceremonial grape harvest of the Old Vine - top event of the Old Vine Festival that has grown into a unique one week-long opus of wine and culinary tradition, enjoyed by the whole city.
• Summer opening hours (1. May - 31. October):
Monday – Sunday and hollidays: 10 am – 8 pm.
• Winter opening hours:
Tuesday – Sunday: 10 am – 6 pm; Monday: closed.
The Old Vine House
Vojašniška ulica 8
Tel. : ++386 2 251 51 00
Fax : ++386 2 234 66 03
Web site : www.maribor-pohorje.si
GPS Northing (N)
: 46,5568 GPS Easting (E)