St. Emma’s trail joins
all the places that are directly or indirectly connected with the life of St. Emma (before 995 - 1045), also known as Ema Krška. St. Emma and her family owned many estates in Dolenjska, where the worship of St. Emma has been preserved up to the present day.
In Dolenjska there are the following stops on St. Emma's Pilgrim's Trail:
• Mokronog, the church of St. Rupert in Šentrupert, Škrljevo Castle, Mirna Castle, Trebnje, Šumberk Castle and Stična monastery.
• Accommodation with half-board or lunch/dinner on the following tourist farms: Grofija
in Vir pri Stični, Obolnar
in Dolenja vas pri Čatežu,Pri Deželanu
in Hrastno near Šentrupert, Domačija Novak
in Sadinja vas,Pr' Martinovh
in Gradišče near Šentjernej, Domen
in Šmarješke Toplice, Šeruga
in Selo pri Ratežu andPri Selakovih
in Dobrava pri Škocjanu, where you can taste delicious local dishes and excellent wines, by previous arrangement.
• Accommodation in apartments on tourist farm Pri Papeževih in Banja Loka, by previous arrangement.
• You can taste chosen regional dishes and wines on the following excursion farms as well: Lamovšek
in Mirna vas pri Trebelnem, Pri Fajdigat
in Temenica near Šentvid pri Stični, Okorn
in Pristava near Stična, Grič
in Prečna near Novo mesto (Doberdrug Silvo), Colnar in Lešnica near Novo mesto and Žagar
in Birčna vas near Novo mesto, by previous arrangement.
• You can taste and buy different kinds of cheese and dairy products at the Gorišek dairy in Križni vrh near Mokronog, by previous arrangement.
- On Žalostna Gora
above Mokronog you can visit the 17th century church of Our Lady of Sorrows and its stations of the cross.
- Horse lovers can go riding inViktorija riding school
in the village of Slepšek near Mokronog or on the Marn farm near Trebnje, offering riding lessons, riding in nature and trekking on horseback.
(Toni Maver, Slepšek 10, 8230 Mokronog, tel.: +386 7 30 49 493, +386 41 941 120, e-mail: , www.solajahanja.com