• Lodging with half board or lunch/supper on the tourist farm Čemas
in Zilje by Vinica, where you could taste the appetizing organic dishes and wines of the region of Bela krajina, if pre-arranged.
- Possibility of lodging in the apartments on the tourist farms: Pecel in Maline
by Semič, there you could taste excellent organic wines, by Papež family in Banja Loka or Konda
by Stari trg by the Kolpa river, if pre-arranged.
- Selected organic dishes from the region of Bela krajina could be prepared on the excursion tourist farm Mlinar in Rožni Dol by Semič, if pre-arranged.
• Possibility of tasting and buying of several sorts of organic honey and organic honey products and organic honey wine in Čebelarstvo Pavlin
with 60-year-old tradition in Semič, if pre-arranged.
• Visit of the ethnological tourist farm with a possibility of lodging Home Raztresen in Jankoviči by Adlešiči
, where the production and the processing of the flax plant, knitting, making of special Easter eggs – the products may also be bought. On the farm there it is possible to get breakfast, lunch, snack or supper made from the organic ingredients, if pre-arranged.
• Visit of Šokčev dvor in Žuniči
– typical farmhouse in the area nearby the Kolpa river, also protected cultural monument. It is possible to visit the rustic room with the original furniture and old garments.
• The Kolpa river in vicinity of Kostel offers several possibilities for different activities.
• Visit of Kostel Castle
from the 14th century – the second biggest castle complex in Slovenia where the settlement is still very alive. In immediate vicinity the famous natural sights Kurja glavica, Hribska stena and waterfall Nežica may be seen.
• Roaming throughout the land of local hero Peter Klepec
• Trekking on the marked circular paths around Kostel: kostelska grajska pešpot
, kostelska planinska pešpot
and kostelska trška pešpot
• The open – door day on some organic farms; in September every year organised by the Associations of organic farms of Slovenia.
The open air performances connected with culinary art
- Tekmovanje v kuhanju kostelskega čušpajza (competition in making of Kostel Čušpajz) in Banja Loka.
- Polanska puharija (catching the dormouse) in Stari trg by Kolpa, the beginning of October, the old modes of catching the dormouse in shown and tasting of dormouse dishes in old Polana way is organised.
Further information on the tourist arrangements in the region of Bela krajina is available from the local tourist offices:TIC Metlika
, TIC Črnomelj
and TIC Semič.