The Kolpa River
is considered the most intact river in Slovenia and offers a lot of possibilities for boating by rafts, kayaks, canoes, swimming, fishing or simply enjoying the intact nature. By the river there are marked trekking paths and cycling roads.
• Lodging with half board or lunch/supper on the tourist farms: Jakljevič
in Grabrovec by Metlika, Črnič
in Grabrovec by Metlika, Ob izviru Krupe
(the springs of the Krupa river) in Krupa, the Grabrijan family
in Adlešiči, Pri Štefaniču
in Dragatuš, Čemas
in Zilje by Vinica and Žagar
in Damelj by Vinica where you could taste appetizing dishes and wines of the region of Bela krajina if pre-arranged.
• Selected dishes and wines of the region of Bela krajina may be also tastes on the following tourist farms:Bajuk
in Radovica, Bahor
in Tanča Gora, Dragovan
in Grabrovec by Metlika, by Jokovčan in Anzlova gora by Semič and by the Klajn family in Selo by Semič if pre-arranged.
• There are many possibilities for water pleasures down and up the Kolpa river: canoeing down the Kolpa river
, boating down the Kolpa river
or several day boating trips down the Kolpa river.
Going walking trough the regional park of Lahinja
(Krajinski park Lahinja) in the vicinity of Črnomelj, where you could admire the rich cultural heritage and preserved marshy flora and fauna or discover details in the regional park of Kolpa
(Krajinski park Kolpa).
- Several possibilities for cycling on the marked roads throughout the region of Bela krajina: by the Kolpa river
, through the central region of Bela krajina or the hills and the wine-growing mountains. The roads are suitable for advanced or less advanced cyclists.
- Cycling through Metlika to Drašiči for a visit of the environs of the vineyard cottage Drašiči
which could be found in the basement of the old house in Drašiči offering excellent wines from the region of Bela krajina.
Further information on the tourist arrangements in the region of Bela krajina is available from the local tourist offices: TIC Metlika
, TIC Črnomelj
and TIC Semič