Explore the town of Medvode and its surroundings
The picturesque surroundings of Medvode
are ideal for trips, hiking, cycling, fishing and relaxing.
• Accommodation with half-board or lunch/dinner on the tourist farm Lavrič
in Dornice near Vodice, where you can taste delicious local dishes.
• You can taste chosen regional dishes on the following excursion farms: Pr' Soud in Zagorica near Radomlje, Tome in Podutik near Ljubljana and Rožnik
in Osolnik near Medvode…
• …or in the gostilna (inn) Mihovec
in Zgornje Pirniče near Medvode, which is more than a hundred years old. The birth house of Jakob Aljaž is nearby, and the owners of the gostilna keep a part of his legacy.
• There are numerous hiking possibilities in the undulating subalpine landscape of the Polhov Gradec Dolomites
, to Katarina, Osolnik, Govejek, Grmada (899 m), Tošč (1021 m), Jakob and Jeterbenk, where you can freshen up in the hut OSOLNIK on Osolnik, in Mihelčič hut on GOVEJEK (727 m), or in Slavko’s hut on Golo brdo (396 m); from Osolnik, Govejek, Grmada, Tošč, Jakob and Jeterbenk there is a wonderful view of the Škofja Loka Hills, the Kamniške-Savinjske Alps, Sorško polje, the Ljubljana basin and the Notranjska region.
• There are also many possibilities for boat rides, canoeing, sailing, fishing, cycling and walking on the Zbiljsko Lake near Medvode
• Visit the Smlednik Calvary,
commissioned in 1772 by Baron Franc Smledniški, one of the oldest and most beautiful calvaries in Slovenia.
- Chestnut Sunday on Katarina, October