• Accommodation with half-board or lunch/dinner on the following tourist farms: Štekar
in Breg pri Golem Brdu, Belica
in Medana, Kren in Plešivo, Malovščevo
in Vitovlje near Šempas and Gregorič, where you can taste delicious local dishes; by previous arrangement.
• Possibility of camping in farm-camp Lijak
in Ozeljan near Šempas, where you can also taste excellent wines.
• You can taste chosen regional dishes on the following excursion farms as well:Pri Rjavčevih
in Šempas, Vižintin
in Zalošče near Dornberk, Faganeli in Miren, Pri Mirjam in Višnjevik, Vedrijan
in Vedrijan and Toroš
in Plešivo, by previous arrangement.
• You can taste chosen regional dishes and excellent wines in the following wine cellars: Tomažič
in Hum near Kojsko and Mladovan
in Ozeljan near Šempas, by previous arrangement.
• You can taste and buy different kinds of cheese and visit the following farms and dairies: Skrt in Levpa near Kanal,Kandus
in Vrtovina near Črniče, by previous arrangement.
• You can buy herbs, spices and flour products on the organic farm Pri Tončkovih in Lokve pri Novi Gorici, by previous arrangement.
• You can buy fruit, fruit products and vegetables on the organic farm Madon in Banjščice pri Grgarju, by previous arrangement.
• You can see the beehives and taste and buy honey and other honey products from the following beekeepers: Cernatič
in Šempas near Nova Gorica, Šivic in Šempas near Nova Gorica and Kristančič in Plešivo near Dobrovo, by previous arrangement.
• See the emerald River Soča
with the magnificent stone bridge in Solkan; the bridge boasts the longest stone arch in the world and is considered a masterpiece of engineering and construction, while the river offers many possibilities for water-based activities such as fishing, kayaking…
• There are many possibilities for walking, relaxing, picking mushrooms, horseback riding and cycling all year round in Panovec Forest between Kromberk and Rožna dolina.
• Visit the Church of St. Andrew in Vrhovlje, where you can see the most beautiful 15th century frescoes in Brda.
• In April you can admire the habitat of Primula Auricula, a species of primrose that grows near the village of Golo Brdo.
• Visit the 17th century Dobrovo Castle, standing on a dominant ridge in the upper part of the village of Dobrovo, and Vipolže Manor in the village of Vipolže, once a representative villa and hunting manor of the counts of Gorica.
• Visit the mediaeval village of Šmartno, situated in the center of Brda and representing a unique cultural monument, and see its baroque church of St: Martin and the Briška hiša museum, a typical Brda house; in its cellar you can also taste excellent Brda wine.
• Take a walk to the 16th century basilica on Sveta Gora (681 m), an important pilgrimage site, and see its collection of exhibits from the First World War. Sveta Gora offers a magnificent view of the Julian Alps and Matajur.
• Take a walk through the protected botanical and forest reserve in Paradana, where you can also see the Big Ice Cave.
• Take a walk to the Lijak karst spring, flowing from below the precipitous edge of the Trnovo Forest, and visit the nearby natural bridge, offering a wonderful view of Friuli and the lower Vipava Valley; the area surrounding the Lijak stream is protected as a natural monument.
• On a hill overlooking Nova Gorica stands the renovated renaissance Kromberk Castle, home to a permanent museum collection of the Nova Gorica Museum.
• Haymaking Festival in Banjščice, end of July
• Peach Festival, end of July/August in Prvačina: during the festival local women prepare many local treats based on peaches and other traditional dishes, and there is also an exhibition of different varieties of peaches.
• Days of Poetry and Wine in Medana, late August
• Chestnut festival in Vitovlje near Nova Gorica, October
Traditional chestnut festival in Vitovlje with a presentation of old traditions and an exhibition of chestnuts and deserts.
• Autumn in Medana, October