Relaxed roaming throughout various terrains of meadows, above the valleys and ravines and narrow and steep gorges of the Idrijca river and the Cerknica river may be experienced by bike or on foot. A lot of marked paths are available.
• Lodging with half board or lunch/supper on the following tourist farms: Želinc
in Straža, Pri Flandru
in Zakojca, Pr' Mark
in Črnem vrh nad Idrijo, Na Kanomeljskem Razpotju in Sr. Kanomlji, Pri belem kamnu
in Vojsko, Za robom in Gorenji Novaki and Grapar
in Planina pri Cerknem, where you could taste appetizing local dishes if pre-arranged.
• Selected local dishes may be also tasted on the following tourist farms: Pr' Jureč
in Ledine pri Sp. Idriji, Žerovc
in Gorenja Trebuša, Pr' Petrič in Sp. Kanomlja and Likar in Vojsko, if pre-arranged.
• Lodging on the tourist farm Pr' Jureč
in Ledine pri Sp. Idriji is possible for preschool children and school age children only, of pre-arranged.
• Typical dishes of the region (idrijski žlikrofi, smukavc, zelševka, etc.) may be also tasted in the following restaurants: Kmečki hram Fortuna
in Idrija and in Kendov dvorec
hotel in Sp. Idrija that was built in the 14th century;Kendov dvorec
in Sp. Idriji full of relics of the past, continues with preserving the rich culinary tradition, in the way how the ancient local dishes are being prepared in the “nouvelle cuisine” style.
- By the confluence of the Idrijca river and the Belca river the summer heat may be beaten by swimming in the popular natural baths called Pri Lajštu,
- Lovers of skydiving may fly in tandem and have a bird’s eye view of Cerkljansko.
- Walk through the vast regional park Krajinski park Zgornja Idrijca
, and a lot of sights are available: Rake, Divje jezero, picturesque valley of Strug, many gorges: Kramaršca and Bedrova grapa, Klavže na Idrijci…..
- Visit and walk around the karst lake Divje jezero pri Idriji
, the deepest natural lake in Slovenia. The lake is hidden beneath the precipitous walls of the north brow of the foothills of a mountain Črnovrška planota.