In Dolenjska there are three different wine roads: Podgorjanska
Wine Road, located at the foot of the Gorjanci hills, from Dolenjske Toplice to Mokrice,Dolnjedolenjska
(Lower Dolenjska) Wine Road ,situated above the mysterious Temenica river, and Gornjedolenjska
(Upper Dolenjska) Wine Road, meandering in the hills above the Mirna river to the Mokronog valley.
• Accommodation with half-board or lunch/dinner on the following tourist farms: Repovž
in Šentjanž, Pri Martinovih
in Hrastno near Šentrupert, Domačija Novak
in Sadinja vas, Pr' Martinovh
in Gradišče near Šentjernej and Šeruga
in Selo pri Ratežu, where you can taste delicious local dishes and excellent wines, by previous arrangement.
• Welcome for visitors upon arrival.
• Visit to the wine cellar with wine tasting and the ceremony of "baptizing" new wine.
• You can enjoy St. Martin's feast and other local dishes on the following excursion farms as well: Lamovšek
in Mirna vas pri Trebelnem, Pri Fajdigat
in Temenica near Šentvid pri Stični, Okorn
in Pristava near Stična, Grič
in Prečna near Novo mesto (Doberdrug Silvo), Colnar in Lešnica near Novo mesto and Žagar in Birčna vas near Novo mesto, by previous arrangement
• Delicious St. Martin’s dishes, accompanied by the local wine cviček, are also available at the following restaurants: Zlata kaplja
in Mokronog, Štorovje
in Selo pri Radohovi vasi and Javornik
in Rakovnik near Šentrupert.
Evennts in November
• St. Martin’s Day with the ceremony of turning must into wine ("baptising" new wine) in the center of Novo mesto, Saturday closest to St. Martin’s Day (11th November).