- boiled unpeeled potatoes with cottage cheese – have been a typical dish of this gastronomical region since the 19th century. In Bovec,
a popular festival called “Čomparska noč” (“Čompe” Night) takes place every year.
tourist farm, which has been welcoming tourists for over 20 years, you can take part in a workshop and learn how to prepare typical dishes of the Upper Soča Valley (by previous arrangement; 10 persons minimum).
• Accommodation with half-board or lunch/dinner on the Jelinčič tourist farm, where you can also taste various local dishes; by previous arrangement.
• Visit to the farm
• Presentation of regional dishes.
• Preparation of čompe (potatoes with cottage cheese) and krafi (a type of štruklji).
- Mrs. Dora Jelinčič, the lady of the house on the Jelinčič tourist farm, can also teach you how to prepare other local dishes (by previous arrangement; 10 persons minimum).
Other activities in the area:
• Visit the spring of the Soča River in Trenta
, one of the most beautiful springs in the Alps.
• Swimming in the crystal clear, emerald river Soča.
• Excellent possibilities for various water sports in the village of Čezsoča.
• Visit the Juliana botanical garden in Trenta
, home to 600 different plant species and the only Alpine botanical garden in a natural setting in Slovenia.
• Check out the idyllic tourist village Pristava Lepena
, built in the traditional style of the Trenta Valley.
• You can taste čompe and other typical local dishes on the following tourist farms as well: Pri Plajerju
in Trenta, Pri Arnejčku in Koseč near Kobarid, Pri Lovrču
in Čadrg near Tolmin and Široko
in Tolminski Lom; by previous arrangement.
• “Čompe” Night in Bovec, 15 August 2009