• Accommodation with half-board or lunch/dinner on the following tourist farms:Logar
in Žerovnica near Grahovo, Žigon
in Grčarevec near Logatec, Hudičevc
in Razdrto near Hruševje,Dolenčevi
in Sajevče near Hruševje, Pri Andrejevih
in Narin near Pivka and Na meji
in Trnje near Pivka, where you can taste delicious local dishes.
• You can taste chosen regional dishes on the following excursion farms: Levar
in Dolenje jezero near Cerknica, Pri Cunarju
in Jurišče near Pivka and Kontrabantar in Dolenja vas near Cerknica.
• You can taste and buy honey
and honey products directly from beekeepers on the Beekeeping Educational Trail on Lake Cerknica; the trail, which starts in Pretržje at the beehives of the Beekeepers Association of Cerknica, is only 250 m long, and it will take you about one hour.
• You can see a demonstration of how brandy is made from apples, pears and plums and taste different liqueurs on the T'dolenj farm in Laze near Gornje jezero pri Grahovem; by previous arrangement.
• You can also visit the organic farm Kandare in Dane near Stari trg pri Ložu, which offers visitors educational programs for schoolchildren, rides in the traditional lojternik cart or sleigh, riding in the nature and organized trips on horseback, and you can also buy their organic products; by previous arrangement
• You can enjoy a ride in the traditional cart or go horseback riding on the following excursion farms: Kontrabantar in Dolenja vas near Cerknica, Levar
in Dolenje jezero near Cerknica and Kandare in Dane near Stari Lož, by previous arrangement.
• There are many possibilities for walks and hikes on marked theme trails, such as theGrahovo educational trail
, Menišija educational trail and the Great Krpan Trail.
• You can also go hiking to Mt. Slivnica (1114 m),
known for centuries as a meeting place of witches; in the mountain hut on Slivnica (1075 m) you can restore your strength with a hearty hotpot and also spend the night. From the summit there is a wonderful view of the Cerknica plain and the famous intermittent Cerknica Lake, the Nanos Plateau and the Julian Alps.
• You can also go cycling on the Menišija Bike Trail
, which begins and ends in the village of Begunje; the trail is 20 km long and will take you on varied terrain, on the forest road across Koželjski graben, to Koželjek and on to Dobec, through Bezuljak and back to Begunje.
• See the relief model of Lake Cerknica and a multimedia presentation in the Cerknica Lake Museum in Dolenje Jezero.
• Visit the Križna Jama Cave in Bloška Polica
, one of the most beautiful water caves in the world; it comprises 22 underground lakes through which crystal clear water flows.
• See the Rakov Škocjan Landscape Park
, a natural gem of the Notranjska region; an educational trail leads through the valley, explaining all its interesting features to the visitors.
• Visit Snežnik Castle
. This 13th century castle is the best-preserved Castle in Notranjska.
• Visit the dormouse-trapping museum in the village of Kozarišče, in the immediate vicinity of Snežnik Castle.
plateau is best known for its traditional skiers. You can see oldBloke skiis
in the museum room of thePenzion Slamar in Nova vas
• Farmers’ Games
• Knights’ Tournament in Snežnik Castle