MAGAZIN - MINERS WHEAT WAREHOUSE
It was constructed in 1764 in the baroque style, with a transitive vestibule and heavily pronounced portals. The warehouse served for some 15 years as a storage place for victuals, with which the miners wages were paid out. The wheat from the “magazin” was distributed until 1912 through the aperture, which is still well visible on the doorway’s vault. Today we can fid in the “magazin” the Municipal Library and Reading Room and Idrija art Gallery.
Tel. : ++386 5 374 39 16
Fax : ++386 5 374 39 15
Web site : www.idrija-turizem.si
Free of charge
GPS Northing (N) : 46,0005
GPS Easting (E) : 14,0218