Written documents, dating back to the Middle Ages, namely in the 13th century prove that there was a castle built above the village at that time. Originally, it was owned by the noblemen of Motnik. Because it stood near an important trade route, it mainly served for protection. In 1760, it was destroyed by fire and only ruins can be seen today.
Pleas take a walk along a Motnik Tourist Trail.
Tel. : ++386 1 834 80 42
Tel. 2 : ++386 41 423 438
GPS Northing (N) : 46,2154
GPS Easting (E) : 14,888