This military cemetery lies on the gentle slope below the lower station of the Vogel cable car, above the road that leads towards the Savica Waterfall.
Bohinj was the hinterland of the Isonzo front during the years 1915-1917. From the hospital in Komna many wounded were transported into the valley. The fallen soldiers were buried on different places. Some of them were laid to rest in this smaller cemetery. There are 282 graves in straight rows surrounded with natural stones, with wooden crosses on concrete pedestals.
The cemetery is enclosed by a wooden fence. At the end of the path that leads from the entrance with a forged iron door and a portal bearing the dates 1914-1918, there is a monument of natural stone, 1.5 m high, dedicated to the fallen soldiers, the heroes of Krn and the defenders of Bohinj in the years 1915-1916, which is emphasised by the German and Slovenian inscriptions.
In the middle of the cemetery stands a wooden chapel of spruce logs, covered by shingles. On the top there is a small tower. In front of the chapel there are some steps made of natural stone. In the pedestal, a memorial plaque to the dead soldiers of different nations is built in.