is one of the oldest parishes in the Gorica region. The Church of St. Stephen is an important historical monument. The Gothic Church of St. Stephen, which was later baroquised, lies in the embrace of the Primorje region houses and was built in 1556.
The Gothic church was baroquised in 1751. The Baroque painter Franc Jelovšek decorated its interior with frescoes. The master Janez Wolf painted the whole lower part of the presbytery in 1877. There are several culturally artistic objects in the church: altar paintings, an altar, a Chappel of St. Barbara, a Baroque cross, etc. On the altar on the north side one can admire a painting of St. Janez Nepomuk, on the altar on the south side images of St. Jospeh's death. Both were painted by Janez Valentin Metzinger. In the church there is also a pulpit, which is full of intarsias, and a tabernacle, Francesco Robba's work.
Glavni trg 1
Tel. : +386 5 36 87 041
Tel. 2 : +386 5 36 87 040
Fax : +386 5 36 87 041
Web site : www.vipavska-dolina.si
GPS Northing (N) : 45,8481
GPS Easting (E) : 13,9594