Ljubljanska 54 3320 Velenje
The Velenje Castle is one of the most beautifully preserved castles in Slovenia.
It houses a museum with 10 permanent museum and gallery collections and periodical exhibitions. Of special interest are the African art collection donated by Frančišek Foit, the collection of the contemporary Slovenian art - Gorenje, the history of the Šalek Valley – Middle Ages, the remains of a mastodon, reconstruction of the grocer's shop and the reconstruction of the old 'gostilna'.
The museum is open from Tuesday until Sunday from 9.00 until 17.00 and by arrangement.
At the Velenje Museum you can view 10 permanent museum and gallery collections:
- The collection of the remains of a mastodon
- The African art collection donated by Frančišek Foit
- The collection When Velenje Became A Town
- The collection the Šalek Valley between the Romanesque period and Baroque
- The collection the Šalek Valley 1941-1945
- The collection Baroque art from the Church of St. George (Sv. Jurij) at Škale
- The collection of the contemporary Slovenian - Gorenje
- Lojze Perko's gallery
- The reconstruction of the grocer's shop
- The reconstruction of the old 'gostilna'.
The African art collection donated by Frančišek Foit is the only collection of such kind in Slovenia.
Stari trg 3
Tel. : ++386 3 896 18 60
Fax : ++386 3 896 18 75
Web site : www.velenje-tourism.si
guided tourindividualGPS Northing (N)
: 46,3568 GPS Easting (E)
: 15,11 Notice of discounts
: European Youth Card:
0,50 € off ticket to Museum Velenje