Address: Kamnik 1240 Kamnik
Beside the ruins of the castle at the top of Bergantova gora (585 m), a panoramic view spreads over the city of Kamnik, the Kamniške Alps, and the surrounding area all the way to Ljubljana.
Firs witten records date from 12th century. the castle was the seat of the provincial reigning family and the court. It was inhabited until 1576. The castle was badly damaged by the earthquake in 1511, but finallyabandoned in the mid-17th century.
The path going up to the Stari grad is described here.
Tel. : ++386 1 831 82 50
Fax : ++386 1 831 81 92
Web site : www.kamnik-tourism.si
Free of charge
GPS Northing (N) : 46,2239
GPS Easting (E) : 14,6169