The castle building was constructed prior to 1580. Today’s appearance of the two-storey mansion with a rectangular ground plan, corner towers and a remarkable Renaissance, semicircular portal was given to the castle by Prince Johann Anton Eggenberg in the first half of the 17th century. In 1846, Prince Windisch-grätz bought the mansion. The castle was nationalised after World War II and its premises were occupied by a juvenile correctional facility for a number of years. Since 2003, when management of the castle was taken over by the Sports and Cultural Society of Logatec Grajski Park and their partners, the castle and its park have been under construction and restoration in accordance with the guidelines of the Institute for the Protection of Natural and Cultural Heritage. Among others, it will have a wine cellar, wedding hall and restaurant.