Zarnikova ulica 3 1000 Ljubljana
+386 1 439 70 40, +386 51 482 808 (reservations)
“...well, let's step into the future”
The restaurant Gostilna Mencigar-Nobile is located below the Ljubljana Castle, in the direction towards the Ambrožev trg. Hidden between the church of Sv. Jožef in Poljane and the Housing Fund of Ljubljana Municipality, the entrance and the accompanying summer terrace are surrounded by flourishing vegetation. We wish to transform the newly renovated restaurant into a green oasis of tranquillity and pleasant socializing, accompanied by excellent food and beverages of the Prekmurje region.
The restaurant Mencigar-Nobile has, together with chef Branko Časar, prepared a selection of the finest delicacies from Prekmurje - be it for daily lunches or special "slow food" menus.
The delicacies from Prekmurje in the very centre of Ljubljana will take you back in time.
Next to the traditional foods, we also offer other culinary treats on our thematic days, during which you will be able to indulge in venison, dishes made according to our grandmothers' recipes, and in "koline" – homemade meat products. During some holidays, we shall expand and adapt our offer and our guests will be able to enjoy Easter dishes, carnival dishes, St. Martin's Day dishes, and many more.
Our staff is at your service at all times, and shall make every effort to ensure that you enjoy an excellent meal, good service, and cosy and pleasant atmosphere.
The restaurant has 3 rooms with a total of 84 seats. The Goričko room hosts a bigger table – the so called VIP table.
A homelike setting suitable for all occasions:
We cater for your communions, christenings, and smaller weddings, end of year celebrations, various anniversaries, and much more.
We can celebrate St. Martin's Day, await St.Nicholas, bid good-bye to the old year and welcome the new one. We can pamper pairs on Valentine's Day and help the gentlemen prepare an unforgettable evening on Women's Day or Mother's day.
The restaurant offers three Lunch Menus - the first menu always includes a stew-like dish, the second one is vegetarian , and the third one is of local character.
• To become the most visited restaurant of traditional Prekmurje cuisine outside Prekmurje.
• To offer the best certified "Prekmurska gibanica" (a cake), "bograč" (a stew) and "bujta repa" (sour turnip) in Ljubljana.
• To be fully occupied from Monday till Saturday and to rest and recharge our batteries on Sundays
• To offer only the best foods.
• To organise unique Prekmurje thematic evenings that will be interesting for tourists from Slovenia and abroad.
• Our mission - to pamper all our guests with delicious food, friendly staff, homey atmosphere and the renowned Prekmurje hospitality.
• To serve traditional delicacies from Prekmurje, prepared the same way our grandmothers used to prepare them.
• To deserve your recommendation ..
• ... - this will be our success.
• To employ new people from Prekmurje and thus preserve the uniqueness of our food prepared by a Prekmurje locals.
• A kind word always finds a good place in the heart.
• Treat others as you wish to be treated.
• Honesty and integrity always win.
• Listen first and then move a step forward.
• Success is the result of an entire team and not of individuals.
• We all need to take time to ourselves.
• It's the journey that matters not the destination.
• To work together as a family.Lepa beseda lepo mesto najde.
TypeRestaurant, Inn Owner
: Mrs. Ester Perozzi Seating inside
: 84 Seating outside
: 36 Number of seats on covered terrace
Food offerhome-made slovene dishes, venison dishes, vegetarian dishes Slow foodParticularity
: First Prekmurje restaurant in Ljubljana, traditional slovenian cake »Prekmurska Gibanica« with a certificate - protected product in the EU (sweet dish from eastern Slovenia: dough for strudel with poppy seeds, walnuts, apples..), The Prekmurje Bograč, wild Game Meat, Pumpkin ice cream with plum sauce, an option to purchase traditional products from Prekmurje for home, Organization of visits in Prekmurje.
THEMATIC EVENINGS FOR COMPANIES
http://www.prekmurska-gostilna.si/en/for-companies/index.html Working time
Bar: 6.30 - 22.00
Restaurant: 10.00 - 21.00
For private parties:
Thursday - Saturday: 12.00 - 05.00
Sundays, holidays: closed GPS Northing (N)
: 46,0494 GPS Easting (E)