EXPECTING THE FIFTH EUROPEAN DESTINATION OF EXCELLENCE IN SLOVENIA
Within the framework of the European EDEN project – European Destinations of ExcelleNce, SPIRIT Slovenia, Slovenian Tourist Board will, for the fifth year in a row, carry out the selection procedure for the European Destination of Excellence in Slovenia.
The theme of this year's selection is Accessible Tourism that represents tourism for everyone notwithstanding their physical or psychological limitations. Persons with special needs and the elderly are able to use tourist products in a functionally independent, righteous and dignifying manner.
Types of accessible tourism include
• accessible tourism for movement-impaired persons (disabled persons on wheelchairs and those who travel with children in wheelchairs),
• accessible tourism for sensory-impaired persons (blind and partially sighted, deaf and hard of hearing persons),
• accessible tourism for persons with intellectual and psychological impairment,
• accessible tourism for the elderly,
• accessible tourism for persons who have problems with regard to tourism (diabetes, allergies, vegetarians, vegans, etc.).
The Slovenian destinations of excellence – Soča Valley, Solčavsko Region, Kolpa River
that gained the prestigious title European Destination of Excellence in the years 2008-2011 has in 2013 joined the fifth European Destination of Excellence in Slovenia - Laško
Phone: +386 1 5898 578