On the place where the street Vetrinjska ulica
separates from the square Grajski trg,
stands the mansion Naskov dvorec, the most important bourgeois house in Maribor
, actually it was an old Vetrinjska estate, which when it changed its owner also changed its name (Breunerjev dvorec, Naskova hiša, Berdajsova hiša).
Its core dates from the 14th century and at the same time it is built in a late Baroque style. It has a beautiful stone cut portal, which is crowned with the coat of arms of the Counts of Breuner. The house chapel of St. Florian, in the south tract, was concreted in 1519, in the eastern wing, which stands on remains of the old town wall, are the remains of a hall where between 1785 and 1806 theatrical performances were organized.
The building, which until 1814 was the seat of the regional office, is a beautiful example of a large town mansion, which with four wings closed off the courtyard, uniting administrative and houserooms.
Maribor 2012 public institute
Tel. : ++386 2 228 12 50
Fax : ++386 2 228 12 40
Web site : www.maribor2012.info