Address: Vrhovo 1433 Radeče
St. Martin's Church, located in Vrhovo, a small village on the main road Radece-Krsko, is composed of a square-shaped church tower, a rectangular nave and a presbytery. The exteriors of the presbytery and the church tower have been reconstructed with baroque style paintings, while the original Romanesque masonry and small windows can still be observed on the exterior of the nave. Both the nave and the presbytery have a barrel vault. The high altar, both side altars, stone pulpit and sacristy closet stem from the baroque period.
The bronze bell has been casted by Caspar Balthasar Schneider from Celje in 1743. The iron bells are newer, casted in 1923. The presbytery has been added around 1600 to the original Romanesque church, of which only the nave, which has also been heightened in the same period, remains today. The nave has not been vaulted earlier than in the 18th century, when the church tower and sacristy have also been added as extensions. The church has been again heightened in the 1970's and a new roof, not as steep as the previous one, has been added.
Find out more about Radece at http://www.ktrc.si