Address: Jelovo 1433 Radeče
St. Catherine's Church is situated near the road just above Jelovo, a small hilly village a few kilometres to the west of Radeče. The structure of the church is composed of a rectangular nave with a presbytery built as an extension, a square-planned church tower, which becomes octagonal in the second floor, and a sacristy, built as an extension too, but on the southern side of the church.
The nave and the presbytery are vaulted, while the whole interior is decorated with paintings made in 1924. The remains of frescoes from the late Gothic period can still be observed on the northern wall of the nave. The high altar dates back to the times of baroque style, while the rest of the interior equipment stems from younger periods.
The nave, which has been heightened and vaulted in the 18th century, actually dates from the times of the late Romanesque style, while the presbytery and the church tower have probably been added as extensions in the baroque period.
Find out more about Radece at http://www.ktrc.si