Address: Župnijski urad Miklavž pri Ormožu, Miklavž pri Ormožu 38 2275 Miklavž pri Ormožu
Phone: ++386 2 719 61 05
Church of St. Nicholas is located in Miklavž, which got its name from the church. It was first mentioned only in the year 1486. In 1528 it was the seat of the Ormož Vicariate (permanent curacy) and not until the year 1617 the vicariate of the parish. Part of the south wall of the aisle and the majority of the bell tower, which is probably from the 16th century, have been preserved of the original smaller and lower church. The present church with the vestry was built in the years 1683–92 and fitted by the year 1696. At that time the bell tower was also raised and got its present shape and size. The church exterior has an enlarging effect due to its height, and this also holds true for its interior, which is decorated with an ornamental paining by Franc and Janko Horvat from the year 1906. All three altars are from the first half of the 18th century; to be precise, the main altar is from the year 1716, while the side ones originated around the year 1740). The two-storey parsonage, with its five sets of three axes, is from the year 1839, and it was renovated in the years 1876 and 1906. There, a painted cabinet-like altar from the vineyard cottage near Kajžar is kept, which the priest of Miklavž Matija Fortunat Tobinger had made in 1745. It was his nephew Jožef Tobinger, the town judge of Ptuj, who had it fitted for its dedication, and its quality painting of the Adoration of the Magi of Austrian origin is from the beginning of the 18th century.
Besides this, in the church you can also see the tombstones of the priests Matija Mihael Žagar and Štefan Modrinjak and the pulpit from the year 1854.
Župnijski urad Miklavž pri Ormožu
Miklavž pri Ormožu 38
Miklavž pri Ormožu
Tel. : ++386 2 719 61 05
GPS Northing (N) : 46,4592
GPS Easting (E) : 16,2137